Friday, January 16, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: You Plus Me

Good morning and Happy Friday!  How have you survived the week?  This week continues to provide lots of excitement to start the new year, hoping for some extra rest (and crafting time this weekend).  Before the weekend gets started it's time for the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and we were given a great one this week.  I have to admit one of the things I like best about sketch challenges is that it helps get you outside of your normal layouts and gives you a jumping off place for your projects so things are always fun and exciting.   Of course I'm still all over Valentine's right now so I've got another one for you today.

I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and added a piece of DSP from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack.  You'll notice all my layers have round corners today, I used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch and it was so easy (this really is a must have punch even if your not into the Project Life system).  Next I added a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Happy Hearts Embossing Folder.  I layered that with a piece of Basic Black cardstock that I punched with the Confetti Hearts Border Punch and layered a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper behind (a great way to just add a little sparkle to your projects!


For the greeting I used the You Plus Me stamp set (awesome set!!) used my Stampin' Write Markers to color it in before stamping on Smoky Slate cardstock and punching it out with the Scalloped Oval Punch, sponged around the edge with Coastal Cabana ink and then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  For a final touch I added a bow that I tied with Basic Black Baker's Twine and I used two pieces of twine in my bow for a bigger effect.  I used a Glue Dot to attach the bow (they are perfect for attaching embellishments to cards and they don't move.)

I have to admit I whipped this card up pretty quickly but love how it turned out, it also doesn't have any pink so it will work for the "dudes" in my life.  I really love sending cards to friends and family and when you can give one you made it makes it even more special.  I can help you make Valentine's cards (or any occasion) for your loved ones, just ask me!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog