Friday, January 30, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Snuggles and Smootches

Good morning and Happy Friday.  It’s time for our weekly Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge.  This week we were given a really fun layout that allowed me to use some great products and accessories for lots of fun textures and dimensions (it really is fun pulling things together to create something new and fun for someone you care about!)  I’m sorry, I’m still stuck on the “love” theme, I can’t help it.  Valentine’s Day will be here soon and since I’m having a fun Valentine’s class this weekend it’s on my mind.  I started with Real Red for the cardbase and then added a piece of Gold cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Happy Heart Embossing Folder and then matted with Basic Black cardstock.  I used a couple of pieces of DSP from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack for the flags in the top left corner (and the DSP was the inspiration for the colors I used today).  I added a bow made with Gold Baker’s Twine and attached it over the flags.

I added a piece of Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon along the bottom middle of the cardfront and really adds a fun texture.  For the greeting I used the Snuggle and Smootches stamp set and stamped the “love” greeting in Versamark Ink and then used the Heat Tool and Gold Embossing Powder to heat emboss the text.  I used the Decorative Accent Punch to punch the greeting out and of course dimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the card (this way it straddles the ribbon easy peasy!).

I love you how you can get so many different looks on projects from the same stamp set, this is a very elegant looking card but I wouldn’t think that just looking at the stamp set images, it’s all about the papers, techniques, and embellishments you use to make it your own.  The other design team members shared some fun cards as well so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch, I would love to see what you come up with, it’ll be great for any project on your To Do list this weekend.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 Have a great day and relaxing weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog