Friday, January 10, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge: Love You to the Moon

Whoo hoo, it's Friday!  Boy has it been cold this week, I'm really looking forward to things warming up this weekend.  So I've really had a thing for all things hearts and Valentine's this week, I just love all the great new products Stampin' Up! is offering to let the special people in your lives how much you adore them.  Today I decided to play along with the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog color challenge, what a fun color combo.  For this card I used So Saffron for the cardbase and then added a layer of Smoky Slate cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  I added a couple small stripes of cardstock in Primrose Petals and  Bermuda Bay Cardstock. 

Of course I had to add some hearts, the large heart was cut with the Big Shot and the Hearts Collection Framelits using some Primrose Petals Core 'dinations Cardstock.  I embossed the heart with the Argyle Embossing Folder (I actually embossed the wrong side but I decided to go with it and sanded the cardstock and it kind of reminds me of a sweater).  I also added a small glitter heart using the Silver Glimmer Paper and Small Heart Punch.  The greeting is from the new Love You to the Moon stamp set (so cute), and I used Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the rubber to add lots of colors to the image.  The Big Shot and Chalk Talk Framelits made cutting out both these layers a breeze.  The designer series paper I used behind the greeting is Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper (I love all the different patterns in this package!)  The final touch was to add a double bow made with Whisper White Baker's Twine.
 
This card is so fun and full of texture and elements that all work well together, I love it!  I hope you enjoy and make sure to play along with this color challenge, it's fun to try to new things.
 
Diana

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Diana,

    Loving this!! So many fun elements that make this card pop! My favorite it the different colored sentiment. It makes a statement! Glad you were INKspired by the colors at SSINK!

    ~Heidi @ Stuck on Stampin'

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog