Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge: Perfectly You

Good morning from snowing VA!  While we certainly didn't get all the snow that was forecast we are waking up to a little snow that Aidan's very excited to play in.  Today I wanted to share the card I made this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge.  As soon as I saw these colors I knew it would be perfect for a Valentine's card and I decided to use the Perfectly You Hostess set (unfortunately I discovered after making the card and as I was typing this post up that this set was in the Holiday catalog and has since retired, sorry!)  The cardbase is Wisteria Wonder and I added a layer of Sahara Sand cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (you can earn this folder for FREE during Sale-a-bration, whoo hoo!)

Next I added pieces of designer series paper from the 2013-2015 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana).  I did mat the Strawberry Slush piece on Whisper White cardstock.  I also added a piece of Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon and Silver 1/8" Ribbon.  For the greeting I used Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the stamp from the Perfectly You stamp set and after stamping cut it out with the Big Shot and the Hearts a Flutter Framelits.
 
I love how soft and sweet this card turned out, perfect for letting someone know you're thinking of them this Valentine's Day.  I'm so excited to start using some of these light and springy colors to help bring on spring (and the warmer weather).  This is such a fun fresh color combination, what can you come up with it? 
 
Hope you have a great day and get to do a little crafting and if you have bad weather in your area, be safe!
 
Diana  
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. pretty colours,i love the simplicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did here! All the patterns and textures just fit so well together! I love the way Sahara Sand looks with the sugary sweet color combo...very nice! Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog