Saturday, April 13, 2013

Baltimore Regional 2013 Swap #1

 Happy Saturday!  I'm so excited today is Stampin' Up!'s regional conference in Baltimore and I'm currently on the road heading up to the event with some friends.  A big part of any Stampin' Up! event is card swapping where you make several of the same card and then swap them with other people so you get lots of new ideas and techniques, it's so fun to see how people can take the same items and create things so uniquely different.  I've scheduled a two posts today to share with you two of the cards I'll be sharing today.  This first card is for a flower themed swap and uses the Betsy's Blossoms and Wacky Wishes stamp set.  This card is pretty straight forward.  I used the Floral District designer series paper and actually stamped the small blossoms in Calypso Coral ink directly on the DSP to add some additional detail.
 
For the flower I used the circle stamp image and then used the flower petal punch and punched it out twice and offset to add dimension to the flower.  I also used a 7/8" scallop circle punch to punch the inner layer and then added an In Color designer printed brad for the center.  A piece of Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon adds some additional texture to the card.
 
Enjoy and don't forget to come back later this afternoon for the second card.
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog