Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wonderful Mother: Paper Player's Challenge

Good evening!  We’ve made it half way through the week and I’m excited since this is a short week for me, I’m heading out to a scrapbooking retreat on Friday and looking forward to three blissful days of uninterrupted crafting and creativity (LOVE IT!!!)  Today I’m sharing the card I made for this weeks Paper Player’s challenge.  This is one crazy challenge, it’s tic-tac-toe so there are all these squares and you pick three in a row to serve as the basis of your creation, I chose 1) ribbon, 2) pink and green; and 3) Mother’s Day.  This is perfect since Mother’s Day is just around the corner and I’ll definitely be needing cards.  This card is lots of fun and easy due to the Big Shot, framelits and embossing folders.  The cardbase is Wild Wasabi and I added a strip of Pretty in Pink Designer Series paper and a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  Now the Whisper White piece is scalloped along the bottom with the Large Scallop Edgelits and then embossed with the Delicate Designs folder (very important to do it in that order, otherwise when you use the framelits it flattens your embossing, trust me!)  Then I added a piece of Wild Wasabi ¼” Stiched Grosgrain Ribbon and tied a knot with pieces of the Wild Wasabi and Pretty in Pink ¼” Stiched Grosgrain Ribbon.


For the accent piece I cut out another piece of Whisper White with the Big Shot and Labels Collection Framelits, sponged around the edge with Pretty in Pink ink and then stamped the greeting from the Wonderful Mother stamp set (this is an awesome set for Mother’s Day!!!!).  The finishing touch was to add a flower that I stamped with the Secret Garden stamp set and cut out with the matching Secret Garden Framelits.  I used a blender pen to color in the flower to it was softer than the stamped outline and then added lots of tiny pearls to the center.

I love how soft and lovely this card is.  The great thing is with this stamp set you could easily change it for birthdays by just changing the lower words which are separate stamps, so fun.  Hope you enjoyed this weeks card and it’s definitely time to start thinking about how to honor the special women in your lives!

Take care!

Diana

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Soft and lovely, indeed! This is so pretty and those are the perfect shades of pink and green together. What a heartfelt sentiment too......thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog