Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pure Gumption: Retro Sketches Challenge

We're on the downward slope of the week and I can see the weekend quickly approaching.  I have a card for another new sketch challenge to share with you today.  Today's card uses the Retro Sketches sketch challenge and I decided to make a graduation card, school graduations will be here before you know it.  This card uses Pool Party for the cardbase and then I added a piece of Basic Black that I ran through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder before wrapping a piece of Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon around the layer.   

Next I added a piece of designer series paper from the 2011-2013 In Color DSP stack (I definitely don't use these DSP stacks enough).  Next I stamped the greeting from the Pure Gumption stamp set with Basic Black ink and then matted on Pool Party cardstock and attached with dimensionals.  The graduation cap is from the same stamp set and it's embossed with Pool Party embossing powder (this stuff is so fun and fresh) and punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch.  I stacked two dimensionals to pop up the circle over the greeting.  The final touch was to add a little bling with a strip of rhinestones along the bottom (I'm usually afraid to use these rhinestone strips but I think they add just the right amount of sparkle to this card).

I love the Basic Black, Whisper White, and Pool Party color combination but you could easily make this card with any colors, especially to highlight your special graduates school colors.

I hope you enjoy and take a little time to relax and exercise your creativity.  I'm attending Stampin' Up!'s regional conference in Baltimore this Saturday so you'll want to make sure to check back this weekend as I share some of the swap cards and projects I made for the event.

Take care,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Great colors and I love this mix of pattern paper with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog