Monday, September 3, 2018

SSINKspiration Color Sketch #SSINKCC53: All Things Thanks

Happy Labor Day!  I hope you are enjoying the holiday with family and friends as we officially say farewell to summer (how is that possible?)  Today the SSINKspiration team has a fun new color challenge and this is a great combo.  I'm also having some fun mixing in a few sneak peak items from the upcoming Holiday catalog, which will be released on Wednesday (whoo hoo!)

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock as a mat for the cardfront.  The cardfront is Bermuda Bay cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Next I added a belly band using Poppy Parade Designer Series Paper from the Brights Designer Series Paper stack that was matted with Pineapple Punch cardstock.

For the stamped image I used the All Things Thanks stamp set (one of my classic favorites!) and stamped in Poppy Parade ink on Whisper White cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits (I also sponged around the edges of the circle with Bermuda Bay ink).  I cut a black circle out of using the 2" Circle Punch and then used the same framelits set to cut a circle out of Pineapple Punch cardstock.

To dress up the card I cut a circle out of the new Galvanized Metallic Sheets (holiday catalog) using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and then embossed it with the Tin Tile Dynamic Embossing Folder (this folder is awesome and you'll want to make sure to add it to your first order).  To help distress it I rubbed some Basic Black ink on the embossing and then wiped it clean with the paper towel.  I used dimensionals to attach the greeting circle to the cardfront and then added a double bow tied with Whisper White Baker's Twine as the final touch.

These colors give me a retro feel and I think the addition of the tin tile accent helps with that retro feel on the card, in a fun way.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and we would love for you to play along and share what you create using these colors.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog