Monday, September 24, 2018

SSINKspiration Embossing: Painted Harvest

Good morning!  What a change in weather with the arrival of fall, I will say despite the rain the cooler weather is much welcomed by this lady.  Today the SSINKspiration team is sharing cards with embossing.  While you initially think of heat embossing or embossing folders when you think embossing I love that some of our new framelit sets have dies that emboss images instead of cutting so I use those to create my embossed image on this card.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then used Early Espresso as a mat for the cardfront.  I cardfront is Crushed Curry cardstock that is stamped wit the new Buffalo Check background stamp using Crushed Curry cardstock and Cajun Craze ink (this stamp is a must have, especially after you see the cards I'll be sharing this week using this stamp).

For the embossed piece I used Crumb Cake cardstock and used the Big Shot and the Nature's Roots Framelits to add leaf embossing all over the cardstock then distressed the edges and sponged the edges and front of the cardstock with Soft Suede ink to really help highlight the embossing.  I added a piece of Copper 1/4" Trim around the cardstock before attaching it to the cardfront.

For a fun accent I used the Toil and Trouble Designer Series Paper and cut out three of the pumpkins from the DSP with my Paper Snips and used dimensionals to attach a couple of the pumpkins.  Layering elements you cut out from DSP is a great way to make the best use of the partial images on the paper, the back pumpkin isn't complete because it was cut off on the one side but on this card no one can tell.  I used the Painted Harvest stamp set to stamp the leaf on Old Olive cardstock and then cut it out with the Leaf Punch.

The greeting is also from the Painted Harvest stamp set and was stamped in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock before being cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits (I sponged around the edge using Cajun Craze ink.  I added a small pearl as the perfect finishing touch.

This card is the perfect thing to welcome fall and all that we enjoy about this season!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog