Friday, September 7, 2018

SSINKspiration CASE the Designer (Tobe): Daisy Delight

Good morning!  It's Friday, whoo hoo!  Today the SSINKspiration team is playing another round of CASE the designer and this month we're getting our ideas from fellow designer Tobe and you can see the card of her's I picked HERE.  I like Tobe's classic style and letting an element be the star of the card.  I loved her butterfly card so I decided to use the exact same butterfly die and changed but some of the other element for another fun take.

I started with Very Vanilla Thick cardstock and then added Basic Black cardstock as the mat for the cardfront that uses a piece of the Share What you Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (this paper is awesome and this piece has a beautiful pearl effect that is wonderful in person).

Next I added a piece of Grapefruit Grove cardstock and stamped the greeting from the Daisy Delight Stamp set in Basic Black ink.  Instead of wrapping the ribbon around the entire cardfront I just wrapped it around the greeting piece and used Gold 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon.




The butterfly die from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits to cut the butterfly out of Basic Black cardstock and then used the Big Shot and Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder to add some texture to the butterfly (check out this closeup picture).  As I usually do with butterflies I only add glue to the center body so I can fold the wings up off the cardfront.

I love the softness of this card and how the butterfly feels like it's flying off the card, great inspiration Tobe!







Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog