Thursday, September 27, 2018

Buffalo Check Embossed Background: Rooted in Nature

Good afternoon!  Today I'm continuing to share ideas using the fabulous Buffalo Check stamp set and after yesterday where we stamped snowflakes on top of the check I was trying to figure out what else we could do, so I thought, how about embossing?  I also decided to take a bit more organic look and feel to the card and absolutely love the end result.

For this card I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added Tranquil Tide cardstock as the mat for the cardfront.  To make the cardfront I started with Mint Macaron cardstock and stamped with the Buffalo Check stamp set using Tranquil Tide ink.  Next I used the Big Shot and Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder to emboss the cardfront and sponged using Crumb Cake ink to help distress the image and make the swirls really pop.  The designer series paper is from the Nature's Poem DSP package and I lightly sponged on it as well with Crumb Cake ink to "dirty it up" and then wrapped a piece of Tranquil Tide 3/8" Mini Ruffled Ribbon to hide the border.


For the stamped image I used the Rooted in Nature stamp set and stamped the large stump image on Crumb Cake cardstock with Crumb cake ink and then cut it out freehand with my Paper Snips.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink and accented with several pearls I lined up in a row.  I used the leaf dies (both cutting and embossing) from the Nature's Roots Framelits to cut the leaf out of Rich Razzleberry cardstock and sponged it before attaching it behind the greeting which was raised up with dimensionals.

This card has the perfect mix of colors and textures to make you want to touch each element (and it's still super flat and mailable, bonus!)  I have so say, if I haven't convinced you of how awesome the Buffalo Check stamp set is there may be nothing that will convince you, but you will regret not having it in your stampin' stash so don't wait to place your order!!

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog