Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge 299: Big Wishes

Good morning!  I must say, the Buffalo Check stamp set in this years Holiday catalog is very unassuming when you first look at it but there are so many possibilities.  I decided to use this stamp set with a fun twist as a background for today's card using the Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge colors.  As the temperatures get cooler cozy and warm is always key and what is better at that than flannel (I'm counting down the days until we can switch to flannel sheets for the winter, just saying!!)

For this card I used Flirty Flamingo cardstock for the cardbase and then added Night of Navy cardstock for the cardfront.  For the decorative background I used Whisper White cardstock and stamped using the Buffalo Check stamp using Gorgeous Grape ink.  Then I used the Night of Navy Dark Stampin' Blends and using a ruler drew lines to create flannel plaid.  I wrapped a piece of Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around the cardfront and tied a fun knot.




For the main stamped image I used the Big Wishes stamp set and used Stampin' Write Markers from my three color challenge colors to color the stamp for a fun random effect and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the greeting and used the Layering Ovals framelits to cut out a scallop oval out of Flirty Flamingo cardstock and attached the greeting piece with dimensionals.

This card is so fun and I just love the look of the flannel background, and think you an make flannel in any color combination you need with this one stamp set.  Make sure to check out the other design team cards using this color challenge and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love the altered buffalo check! It gives such a great look to an already fabulous stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog