Friday, September 14, 2018

SSINKspiration All About Apples: Picked for You

Good morning! It seems like fall is starting to arrive and here in  VA we are very relieved that we will not be experiencing the worse of Hurricane Florence this weekend and are sending our thoughts for safety to those in the impacted areas.  Lots of things (other than hurricanes) make me think of fall, one of which is the arrival of apple season so today the SSINKspiration team is sharing projects using apples as our theme.  

When the new Annual catalog was released I loved the Picked for You stamp set since it's perfect for teacher projects but I put off ordering it since it was released right at the end of school so I just received this set yesterday (yikes!!) and rushed into the studio to make this card.

I started with Granny Apple Green cardstock for the cardbase and then added Crumb Cake cardstock as the cardfront.  On this piece I used the Burlap stamp set and stamped in the corner using Basic Black ink.  I just wanted the trim detail to add a fun look to the fall blanket I had in mind.  Next I used the Buffalo Check stamp set and stamped in Basic Black ink on Cherry Cobbler cardstock and trimmed it out to make my picnic blanket (how fun is this??)

For the main stamped images I used Stampin' Write Markers to color the greeting directly on the stamp and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and added a green Glitter Enamel Dot as an accent.  Then I stamped the apple using Soft Sea Foam and Granny Apple Green (full strength and stamped off once to color the apple) and the stem is Early Espresso.  With this shape it's really easy to cut it out with Paper Snips and used dimensionals to attach the apple on the picnic blanket.

I was so happy with how this turned out, between the apple and the picnic blanket it makes me think of crisp fall days, I can't wait for our weather to start heading in that direction!  Go check out the other cards the design team is sharing for more inspiration for your fall themed projects.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used in today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love your picnic blanket idea and hope you won't mind that your idea appears in my stamp cellar. I am going to have to figure out a substitute for the burlap fringes since I don't have that in my stash - at least not yet. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog