Monday, January 25, 2016

SSINKspiration Mystery Challenge #SSINKMC28: Groovy Love Birthday

Good morning!  If you're like me and on the East coast we spent the weekend hunkering down and waiting out the snow storm and then working to dig out (I'm still so sore, can barely lift my arms).  Since it's the start of a new week it's time for a new challenge over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog, this time it's the mystery challenge.  We were given 5 items that we needed to incorporate any combination of in a project, I decided to go with gusto and use all 5 elements, not as easy as it sounds.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase (this stuff is great) and then added a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and then Watermelon Wonder cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Happy Heart Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock and the Hearts Border Punch and then added Silver Glimmer Paper behind it so the hearts sparkle and then I added a piece of 1 1/4" Bermuda Bay Striped Grosgrain Ribbon that I punched up by attaching with Fast Fuse adhesive.

For the heart stamped image I started by taking a piece of Whisper White cardstock and heat embossed the heart from the Groovy Love stamp set using the heat tool and Whisper White Embossing Powder.  Next I good ink in my 3 colors and sponge daubers and applied the ink so it has a tye-dyed effect before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits and then matted it with a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I cut out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  The greeting is from the new Suite Sayings stamp set and was stamped in Wild Wasabi ink on Whisper White cardstock before cutting it out with the XL Oval Punch and then sponging the edges with Watermelon Wonder ink before attaching the greeting to the cardfront with dimensionals.

This card is lots of fun and I made it for a young girl and thought the bright colors and tye-dyed look is so fresh and fun, she'll love it!  The other designers are sharing some great ideas for inspiration and then come join us and play along!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy,

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog