Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mashup: SSINKspiration Valentine's Meetings Proverbial Stampers Sketch Challenge

 Good morning!  It’s another freezing cold day here in VA but we’re  sharing Valentine’s projects today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspirationblog which always warms me up.  I also decided to combine this theme and use the Proverbial Stampers Sketch Challenge since as soon as I saw it I knew it would work perfectly for hearts.  I also had fun mixing old and new stamp sets for a really fun card.

I started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cardbase (not something I usually reach for on Valentine’s but it works great with the warmer Very Vanilla cardbase so I knew it would work.  Next I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock to mat the Very Vanilla cardbase and then used the new Timeless Textures stamp set (this set is sure to be a classic along with Gorgeous Grunge) to stamp several different images using Crumb Cake, Basic Black, and Cherry Cobbler ink.  Next I took the Sweetheart Punch and punched out a heart using the Basic Black DSP (from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack and sponged it to soften the white text, a couple of hearts using the Kraft Corrugated cardstock (I haven’t used this paper much and it’s fabulous!!).  For the final two hearts I stamped them using the Groovy Love stamp set.  I layered all the hearts together and used a dimensional just on the middle heart so it pops up!  Before attaching the cardfront to the cardbase I wrapped a piece of Gold Baker’s Twine around the layers and tied a small bow in the top.

For the greeting I used the Going Global stamp set and stamped it in Cherry Cobbler ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then punched it out with the Oval Punch.  I layered it with an oval punched using the same punch and some Gold Glimmer Paper.  Dimensionals were used to pop up the top layer of the greeting.

This is such an elegant card that isn’t over the top with bling but all the colors and textures really work well together, I love it!!  There are some other great Valentine’s cards being shared by the design team make sure to check them out, I’m sure you’ll find just the right inspiration for your next project.

 
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog