Monday, January 11, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS29: Oh My Goodies

Happy Monday!  One of the things I absolute love to celebrate (and I love celebrations of all kinds) are birthdays because we all have them and what's not to love about your birthday?  I have a dear friend who's birthday was yesterday so I decided to use this month's card sketch over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog (I also use lots of goodies from the Occasions catalog which was fun!).

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and then took a piece of Mint Macaron (I'm seriously in love with this color, oh my!!) and embossed it with the Big Shot and the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper and offset them and then added a couple pieces of It's My Party Washi Tape on the edges.


For the greeting I used the Oh My Goodies stamp set and stamped it twice, once using Mint Macaron ink on Whisper White cardstock (and cut it out with the Big Shot and Deco Labels Framelits) and a second time with Basic Black ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and cut out just the center of the greeting using Paper Snips.  Behind the greeting I added a flower I cut out of Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper and the Floral Frames FramelitsDimensionals were used on both layers of the greeting and the final touch was a small bow tied with the Melon Mambo Baker's Twine from the Baker's Twine Combo Pack.

I had so much fun with this card and my friend love the glitter paper and different elements, it's going to go on her piano at home, how cool!!  The design team is sharing some other great cards using this sketch so go check them out and then play and long and share so we can enjoy your creation!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog