Monday, January 18, 2016

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge: 2016 SAB and Remembering Your Birthday

Good afternoon!  Oh boy, the week is starting off crazy, I completely forgot to schedule today’s post and I always like to provide some Monday inspiration so I figure better late than never.  I decided to use this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge as the inspiration for a super fun and cheery birthday card (perfect since it’s super cold today to help brighten the day), it also uses some of the beautiful designer series paper you can earn FREE during Sale-a-bration, which is awesome and makes is easy to pull together a beautiful card in no time!

I started with Calypso Coral cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper (FREE during Sale-a-bration).  Next I took a piece of Hello Honey cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and the Floral Frames Framelits and then embossed it with the Delicate Dots Embossing Folder as a base before adding another strip of coordinating Designer Series Paper.  The greeting is from the Remember Your Birthday stamp set and was stamped in Old Olive ink on Whisper White cardstock and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals. 

I added a couple fun elements to finish off the card, a small banner at the bottom left of the greeting using the Banner Punch and the same designer series paper package.  In the top right of the design element I cut a circle using the 7/8” Scallop Circle Punch and Calypso Coral cardstock as a mat for an Old Olive Button (from the Brights Designer Buttons) and tied a bow using Crushed CurryBaker’s Twine.  The final touch was to add a few rhinestones around the design element (you know me and my need for bling!)

I don’t know about you but I’m always in need of birthday cards (frequently at the last minute) so it’s good to have a variety in my card stash ready to go and this card will be perfect for anyone of the springtime birthday’s I have coming up!

Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 Have a great evening!

Diana


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card and great use of the Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog