Monday, January 4, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC29: Tag Talk

Good morning!  It's the first Monday of the year so we're all back to school and work (boo, I miss vacation already) and it also means that it's time for a fresh set of challenges over on the SSINKspiration blog, today we have the color challenge.  We were given these great colors that I have to admit I have never considered combining together and really like the result.  I also decided to use another one of the cards from the Memories in the Making Project Life Speciality Card collection for some more emboss resist fun using the challenge colors.

 I stared with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and after coloring the embossed piece I matted it with Perfect Plum cardstock.  Before attaching this piece to the cardfront I added several loops of Gold Metallic Thread behind it so the loops peak out the side (the gold reminds me of the Delightful Dijon).



For the greeting I used the Tag Talk stamp set (my first time using this set) and stamped it twice once in Delightful Dijon and once in Perfect Plum (on Smoky Slate cardstock) for the different layers.  I used the Label Bracket Punch for the larger piece and then trimmed the square using Paper Snips and dimensionals were use to pop up both layers.  For a final touch I wanted to add a piece of ribbon but didn't have the color I wanted so I took a piece of Whisper White 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon and dyed it using Perfect Plum ink before attaching it to the cardfront.



These colors work really well together,  and it's fun to make a card for such happy occasions (I'll be all set the next time I need a wedding card!)  The designers are sharing some additional cards for inspiration so go check them out and we would love for you to come play along.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog