Friday, January 22, 2016

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge: Botanicals for You

Happy Friday!  Another weekend is just about here which always makes for something to look forward to.  A friend had a birthday earlier this week so I decided to use the Hand Stamped SentimentsColor challenge as the starting point for her card (and since her birthday is already past I’m good to share her card since I really liked how it turned out).

For this card I started with Sahara Sand cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of Typeset Speciality Designer Series Paper and sponged all over it with Elegant Eggplant ink.  For the greeting I used the Botanicals for You stamp set (FREE during Sale-a-bration) and stamped the words in Elegant Eggplant on Sahara Sand cardstock.  I also used the little stem type stamp from the stamp to stamp some designs around the edge using Always Artichoke ink.  This piece was sponged around the edge with Sahara Sand ink and then matted with Always Artichoke cardstock.  Then I added the rest of the greeting on a smaller flag piece using Very Vanilla cardstock and Always Artichoke ink.  I used my bone folder to curl the ribbon so when it was attached to the card it looks like its waving and has some movement.  As a final touch I added a Very Vintage Designer Button and tied a bow using Gold Baker’s Twine in the center of the bow.

 
 
 
This card has a fun mix of retro elements along with the more modern fonts of the text that changes things up, I hope my friend enjoyed her card!

 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love that big, bold sentiment and the layers that you created. Great card! Thanks for playing the color challenge at HSS! ~erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stamp is so bold and stands alone nicely, but you've added just the right amount of accessories to compliment it! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Diana! Love the newsprint behind it. I have some of this paper and always forget to use it. I will have to pull mine out. Thanks for playing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Diana! I love all of the layers of ink and color! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog