Thursday, January 14, 2016

SSINKspiration Blop Hop: Occasions Favorites



Good morning, boy has winter arrived and really made his presence known, it’s cold!  Despite the cold weather things are hot right now in the studio with the arrival of the Occasions catalog and the start of Sale-a-bration (this is a great time of year!)  It’s also time for the first blog hop of the year for the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration team and for this months blog hop we’re sharing our favorite items from the Occasions catalog and I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.  There are so many great items in the Occasions catalog but the Going Places product suite was a must have on my early preorder so I’ve been able to really have fun with these items and have a couple of great projects I’m sharing today.
As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number #3 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Jennifer at Jenny G's Paper Crafts. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

To start I’m sharing this beautiful card that has lots of great texture and bling that really dresses it up.  I started with Delightful Dijon cardstock and then embossed a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (for the embossing, I used the new, and super fabulous World Traveler Embossing Folder (trust me, you want this embossing folder in your toolbox, this awesome!) and before embossing I inked the front side of the embossing folder with Soft Suede ink and then ran it through the Big Shot so the ink was transferred to the debossed parts of the image.  Ok, so let me be honest, if you’re not careful you can get a little ink transfer in the raised parts if you don’t notice ink in that part of the folder before you emboss as happened in this case, my solution??  This super glittery star strategically placed and I used Gold Glimmer Paper and the start punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to fix my boo-boo!

Next I added a piece of Going Places Designer Series Paper (this paper stack has some great images for lots of different uses) and then added a piece of Mossy Meadow 3/8” Stitched Cotton Ribbon.  I used the coordinating Going Global Stamp set to stamp the compass on Lost Lagoon cardstock with Mossy Meadow ink and then punched it out with the 2” Circle Punch and added a single gold sequin from the Metallics Sequin Pack in the center of the compass.  The greeting was stamped on Crumb Cake cardstock, also with Mossy Meadow ink and then I used Paper Snips to cut the tails and then sponged the piece with Soft Suede ink before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I decided to make a second item, this time a box, using the same stamp set and different papers for a pretty Valentine’s gift package.  I started by taking a piece of Basic Black cardstock and made a box using the Gift Box Punch Board (these punch boards are really great for making lots of different boxes of all different sizes and dimensions (FYI…this size box used an 8 x 8 piece of cardstock and will hold a gift card and lots of pieces of candy, perfect for Valentine’s).  Then I added pieces of Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper to really help soften the black and then I tied a piece of Gold Satin Ribbon around the box with a big, fat bow!  For the tag I used the Going Global stamp set and stamped the globe image using Real Red Ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock and then punched it out with the 2” Circle Punch.  I stamped the greeting in Basic Black after punching out the tag and added a few of the heart shaped sequins (also in the Metallics Sequin Pack)  for some bling and then punched a hole using a handheld punch and tied the tag on using Gold Baker’s Twine.

 
 
 
 
This Going Global stamp set has so many uses, I’ll definitely be using it for lots of my Valentine’s projects, love its versatility.

 
 
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Make sure to check out the rest of the blog hop for lots of other great ideas.  If you click the “Next” button, you’ll go to Kim’s site but you can also access any of the hopper’s site from the full blog list below.

http://rydenkim.blogspot.com/2016/01/ssinkspiration-blog-hop-favorite.html
 

Blog Hop Participant List:

  1. Darcy at Dj's Stampin Place
  2. Tobe at The Craft Sea
  3. Jennifer at Jenny G's Paper Crafts
  4. Diana at Stampin' Fun with Diana
  5. Kim at Stamping with Kim
  6. Leanne at Literally My Joy
  7. Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I love how you inked the embossing folder and a little stray ink is the perfect reason for some more embellishments! Awesome card and tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your card and box today! This suite is one of my favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and box! Isn't it fabulous how sometimes fixing a mistake makes it even better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy, love to see what happens when you fix a boo boo!

      Delete
  4. This too is one of my favorites. Embellishing is what us crafters know how to do very well! Great card and box!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog