Monday, February 1, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC30: Timeless Textures Mix Up

Good morning!  How is it actually February, crazy!!  After a busy weekend the start of a new month we have another fun color challenge over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  This month we had some great colors and since I have been working on a lot of Valentine's recently it only made sense to use this color comb and and a mash of other items for a fun love themed card.

I started with Rose Red cardstock for the cardbase and then I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock and I stamped along the left side using the Timeless Textures stamp set (the flowery image was stamped using Rose Red ink, and I stamped off first, and Wild Wasabi ink was used for the circles.  Next I took a piece of Wild Wasbi cardstock and stamped a  greeting in the center using this months Paper Pumpkin stamps and layered one of the acetate pieces from the Memories in the Making Speciality Card Collection (FREE during Sale-a-bration) using the fun heart shaped piece.

To embellish the card I added three small hearts that I stamped using Rose Red cardstock, the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, and then embossed them using the Big Shot and the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder and used dimensionals to pop them up.  For the top right corner I used some of the pink sequin trim (also from the January Paper Pumpkin kit) and tied it off with some Old Olive Baker's Twine (it's close enough in shade of green to work for this card) and attached it to the cardfront with a glue dot.





Using lots of great embellishments really make this card fun I love the window look with the acetate sheets (not just for pictures).  The other design team members are sharing some great ideas for inspiration so go check them out and then play along with us for some fun.





Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog