Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sale-a-bration 2016 Sneak Peak: Perfect Pairings and Project Life


Good afternoon stampers!!  I hope the start of 2016 is treating you well.  Thanks for stopping by today, I am so excited to be participating in a New Catalog Countdown with SSInkspiration.   Today is the second day of the countdown and we have many sneak peek samples for you HERE!"

I decided to focus on Sale-a-bration products for today's card because, let's face it we all love things for FREE and there are some great products you can earn during this sale, in this case I used the Perfect Pairings Stamp set and Memories in the Memories in the Making Project Life Specialty Card Collection.
 

I started with Tip Top Toupe cardstock for the cardbase and then used one of the pieces from the Memories in the Making Project Life Specialty Card Collection kit (this one is great since all the pieces are either acetate with metallic elements or UV resist, like this one which is perfect for the emboss resist technique) so I used a sponge to rub ink in stripes along the cardstock using Tip Top Toupe, Mint Macaron, and Watermelon Wonder ink (then I used a paper towel to rub off the extra ink and the embossed image really stands out).  Next I wrapped a piece of Tip Top Toupe 1" Lace Trim around the cardfront before attaching it to the cardbase and then tied a knot around the lace trim with some Watermelon Wonder 1" Lace Trim.
 
For stamped image I used the Perfect Pairings stamp set (another SAB freebie) and stamped the birthday greeting using Watermelon Wonder ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out using the Big Shot and Oval Collection Framelits.  I used the same framelits to cut out  mat for the greeting using Mint Macaron cardstock and then embossed it using the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder and then sponged all over the mat using Mint Macaron ink.  I used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront and then added a strip of rhinestones along the bottom of the greeting for a little bling.
 
These Project Life cards are so versatile, no just for Project Life memory keeping but for cards, gift tags, packaging, etc. and I was so excited that they are one of the SAB offerings so I can stock up! 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog