Sunday, January 28, 2018

SSINKspiration DIY Valentine: Sure Do Love You

Good morning!  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog it's all about Valentine's and if no other time of year Valentine's is the perfect time to work a little DIY magic to really let someone know how much you love them.  Today I'm sharing a blinged out shaker card that's one of the projects that we'll be making at the upcoming Sure Do Love You Valentine class.

I started with Melon Mambo cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock as a matt for the Painted with Love Speciality Designer Series paper.  I used the Big Shot and Sweet and Sassy Framelits to cut the window out of the DSP for the shaker and then attached a piece of Window Sheet behind the opening to hold in the glitter.  I used the Foam Adhesive Strips to outline the heart shape (I drew an outline of the heart cutout first on the Rich Razzleberry layer so I knew where to put my strips).  Then I added some of the new Gold Glitter Flakes (love how big and chunky these are) and then added dimensionals to each of the corners of the DSP before attaching it so the whole layer is popped up evenly.  Before attaching the cardfront piece to the base I wrapped a piece of Powder Pink 3/8" Shimmer ribbon around the front and attached a bow (this ribbon is so soft and pretty with just a pinch of sparkle.

Next for the greeting I used the Sure Do Love You stamp set and stamped the greeting in Versamark on Calypso Coral cardstock and then heat embossed it using the Heat Tool and Gold Emboss Powder.  Then I used the Big Shot and the Lots of Love Box Framelits to cut the banner out before attaching it with dimensionals.  Of course I wanted just a little more bling so I cut a heart out of Gold Glimmer Paper using a framelit from the same set and attached it with a dimensional.

I love all the different types of sparkle and shine in this card (even the DSP has gold foil accents), perfect for Valentine's day.  I can't wait to help other's get their DIY on and make projects for their loved one's at our upcoming class.  We'll also be making a cute box that coordinates with the card, perfect for gifting (and you'll be ready before the last minute rush!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog