Monday, January 15, 2018

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC50: Embossing Paste

Good morning!  I have to admit, all the traveling, running, and being on the go at Disney really wore me out and I spent most of last week trying to get caught up on sleep, and life in general so I didn't make it back share creativity with you (I was also fighting off catching a bug which I think I was successful at, fingers crossed!)  But now I'm back to normal and the SSINKspiration designers are sharing cards playing along with this month's technique challenge which is using Embossing Paste.  I've shared my love of the embossing paste since it was released, especially it's simplicity to use so I was excited to see two new embossing pastes in the new Occasions catalog and the White Shimmery Embossing Paste was in my preorder but this was my first time using it and oh my, I have a new love!!!

To make the embossed pieces I put some of the White Shimmery Embossing Paste on my Silicone Craft Sheet, added ONE drop of Rich Razzleberry Ink Refill and then mixed it using one of my Palette Knives and then applied it to Whisper White Cardstock using the Pattern Party Decorative Mask.  After it was fully dried I just used the Big Shot and Sweet and Sassy Framelits to cut out the heart.  I did sponge around the edge of the heart (and the greeting) using Calypso Coral ink for fun.





To make the rest of the card I used Calypso Coral cardstock for the the cardbase and a piece of Painted with Love Speciality Designer Series Paper for the cardfront (the addition of the gold accents to the DSP is perfect to compliment the shimmery heart).

The greeting is from the Sure Do Love You stamp set and was stamped in Melon Mambo ink on Powder Pink cardstock before being cut out with the Big Shot and Lots of Love Box Framelits (these framelits and stamp set are available as a bundle so you can save 10%) and then attached with dimensionals.





Here's a close up so you can see the sparkle






The use of the embossing paste, and of course the shimmer, really help elevate this card a notch and the great thing is that is was really quick any easy to make.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and then we would love for you to play long and share what you create using the embossing paste.  Trust me, once you use it and see how easy it is I'm confident you will be using it in more projects!






Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is SO PRETTY! I can even see the sparkle in the embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such unexpected way to use the embossing paste. Going to have a to use this idea! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog