Monday, September 25, 2017

SSINKspiration Coffee Break: Merry Cafe

Good morning!  After enjoying a wonderful weekend, I'm convinced we really need a third day in our weekends so there is a little bit of relaxing!  Getting  back to the work week I know a lot of people who will be relying on their favorite coffee beverage to help get the going so it's perfect that the SSINKspiration designers are sharing projects made in honor of our favorite coffee breaks.  I don't drink coffee but I know I needed to have this stamp set in the annual catalog, along with the new stamp in the holiday catalog.  Today I decided to use the Merry Café stamp set for a nice fall card in honor of the ever popular pumpkin spice invasion, haha!

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock as a mat for the designer series paper from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper pack.  I decided to dress the DSP up a little by stamping the leaf image from the Colorful Seasons stamp set (using Pumpkin Pie ink that was stamped off once for a little lighter effect).  Next I added another piece of DSP that was matted with Early Espresso cardstock in the center of the cardfront.

I know people get very excited about the holiday coffee cup design that Starbuck's offers every year so I decided to create a fall designed cup by stamping the cup outline from the Merry Café stamp set directly on a piece of the designer series paper.  I stamped the lid on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut both pieces out with the coordinating Coffee Cups Framelits dies.  I used the die to also create the little stirrer top out of Early Espresso cardstock.

The final touch, a coffee cozy for the cup which I cut out of Cajun Craze cardstock and I stamped the greeting, loved this saying "Hello Fall, it's Pumpkin Spice Latte Season".  I wanted to add some extra leaves so I stamped the little leaf from the Colorful Seasons stamp set a few times using Old Olive ink and then used the coordinating solid stamp to color them in using either Pumpkin Pie or Old Olive ink (both stamped off once) and then cut them out with Paper Snips.

I love this card, it makes my want to curl up by a fire with cozy socks and a fuzzy blanket (I would be drinking cocoa or hot apple cider, but you get the feeling.  I also love that we have a second stamp set that coordinates with these framelits to stretch their value.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing, it will make you want to grab a cup of coffee with a friend.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List 

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love your fall coffee card! And I agree, I'm all for 3 day weekends!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog