Friday, September 29, 2017

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge: Lovely Inside & Out

Good morning and FriYay!!  To get all the weekend fun started I decided to play along with this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge which shows off three of our classic colors that don't always get a lot of love and I don't think I've ever used all together before so it was fun to see what I could come up with.

I started with Thick Whisper White cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Always Artichoke cardstock as a mat for the So Saffron cardfront.  On the so Saffron piece I used the Embossing Paste, Palette Knives, and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks to add this fun brick design along the left side (don't worry if you don't get it perfect or fill in every brick, a rustic look is what I was going for).  Then I wrapped a piece of Night of Navy 1/2" Gingham Ribbon around the cardfront and tied a bow.


For the main image I started by cutting out the "lovely" heart outline using the Big Shot, Lovely Words Thinlits, and Silver Foil paper.  To cut the heart out I used the Sweet & Sassy Framelits which coordinate with this heart thinlit.  I used the same solid heart die to cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and then embossed it with the Big Shot and Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder (I sponged all over the embossing with Soft Suede ink to help highlight the embossing).

The final touch was to stamp the rest of the greeting so I used the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set and stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Always Artichoke ink and then punched it out with the Classic Label Punch (I did also sponge around the edge of this piece with Night of Navy ink).  Dimensionals were used to attach the pieces to the cardfront and just like that, card complete.

I really had playing with different elements to showcase these colors and love the result.  I'm starting to work on holiday card ideas for upcoming classes and am thinking about trying to use this same color combination to make a country themed holiday card, will see what I can come up with, haha!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The paste looks awesome and I adore the gingham bow with everything. Thanks for creating a fabulous card and linking it up with our color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Diana! I have not used those word dies yet. Need to pull them out and play with them. Hope you will play with us again!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog