Sunday, September 24, 2017

RemARKable INk Big Blog Hop: Halloween Happenings!!


Happy Sunday!  I hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend and getting a little crafting time.  We've been on the go a lot but wanted to share this fun Halloween card along with the other designers on the Remarkable Ink Big Blog Hop, it's all about Halloween!  There are so many fun Halloween projects in this years Holiday catalog you'll find just what you need.  The cat punch and coordinating stamp set have certainly been one of my favorites!

I started out with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock for the mat of the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper.  Directly on the DSP I stamped the spiderweb corner elements using the Merry Café stamp set.  Next I stamped the cat image from the Spooky Cat stamp set using Pumpkin Pie ink and then taping around the edge of the stamp with Basic black ink before stamping on Whisper White cardstock.  I cut out the image with the Cat Punch, along with another piece using Basic Black ink and offset them a little for a slight shadow.  To finish up the cat I wrapped a piece of Basic Black Baker's Twine around the cats neck and then tied a bow with the Baker's Twine and added it to dress up his next.

Next I took a strip of Crumb Cake cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Embossing Folder and then sponged all over with Soft Suede ink to create a wooden shelf.  I stamped some of the potion bottles, also from the Spooky Cat stamp set, and colored the bottles in using Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen and then cut the bottles out with Paper Snips.  I used  a dimensional to just attach the center bottle set for a little extra dimension.  I'm totally in love with the new Basic Black Rhinestones and added several to the tops of the potion bottles to look like bubbles.

The final touch was to add the greeting so I stamped it in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with the Classic Label Punch.  Before attaching the greeting I sponged all over the piece with Pumpkin Pie ink to soften it up and then used dimensionals to attach the greeting.

I had so much fun making this card and adding lots of little elements to enjoy and with so many different images in these stamp sets it really helps stretch their versatility.  We have one more week of September and then Halloween will be here before we know it so it's not too early to start planning your card and project ideas.

Check out the other great projects the hop designers are sharing:


Below are easy ordering links for the products used in today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog