Monday, February 27, 2017

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC42: Stained Glass Dragonfly


Good morning!  We had another fun filled weekend that also included so dramatic weather swings that at one point generated a text from Aidan that said Mocha and I have taken refuge from storm in the office.."  (Just a bit melodramatic!)  at least in all the craziness I was able to get a little time in the studio for stamping, which I've really missed.  Since it's Monday it's time for another challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog and this week it's the technique challenge so I knew I had to get in on this action, this month we're using the stained glass technique which is always fun and I decided to break out the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set for some fun!

I stared with Sahara Sand cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Emerald Envy cardstock and stamped with the dot image along the left side using Elegant Eggplant ink.  To create the stained glass image I stamped the large dragonfly image on a piece of Vellum cardstock using Versamark ink and heat embossed with the Heat Tool and Copper Emboss Powder.  After the embossing had set I flipped the image over and colored on the backside using Stampin' Write Markers (Elegant Eggplant, Emerald Envy, and Dapper Denim colors, I like to use darker colors for this technique so they really show through).








Here's a close up of the dragonfly so you can see the coloring of the wings.







Once I was done coloring I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock behind the velum and then added a strip of Dapper Denim Designer Series paper  (from the 2016-2018 In Color DSP Stack) along the bottom of the image.  I added a Delicate White Doily to peak out from the left side of the image and added a small bow tied with Dapper Denim 3/8" Ruched Ribbon at the top for a fun accent.

The final touch is the greeting, I love the font used in this stamp set and after stamping on Sahara Sand cardstock using Elegant Eggplant ink I cut the greeting out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.




I love how soft and pretty this card is while still using such saturated colors, they really help the copper accent pop!  The other design team members are sharing some great ideas using this same technique so go check them out and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.  This is definitely a technique you'll want to have in your crafting tool box for all sorts of projects!



Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try this. It is a new technique for me.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog