Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Ready for Birthday Adventures: Aidan's 12!

Good morning!  Today's a big day, my "little baby" is turning 12 (how is that possible he really was just crawling yesterday, haha!)  Well he's very excited to enter the last year of being a "tween" so of course we have to help him celebrate right, which includes  a fun over-the-top birthday card.   It's a shaker card so the confetti is already flowing.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and used the stamp from the Balloon Adventures stamp set to stamp confetti all over the background using Crumb Cake ink.  I added a piece of Party Animal Designer Series Paper along the left side and used the colors in the DSP as inspiration for the rest of the card.

Next I used the Big Shot and Balloon Pop-up Thinlits to cut the balloon design out of Emerald Envy cardstock.  I added a piece of Window Film to the back of the cutout to help contain all the confetti.  I use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch out three balloons using Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, and Pacific Point cardstock and then topped them with balloon designs that were cut out of Gold Glimmer Paper and a piece from the same thinlit set.

I stamped the greeting (also from the same stamp set) and since the stamp is photopolymer I was able to bend the stamp to match the arch in the banner.  I used Paper Snips to cut out the banner and then attached it to the card front with dimensionals.

To finish off the shaker card I used the Star Confetti Punch to punch out stars in all the card colors and then added them to the card using Foam Adhesive Strips to make the "home" for the confetti and then attached the cardfront to seal everything in.

This card was definitely a labor of love but my little one deserves it and I know he'll really enjoy it and the new products in the Occasions catalog are fun and cheery and make fun birthday greetings super easy!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used in today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog