Friday, July 29, 2016

SSINKspiration Favorite Accessory: It's all about the Emboss!

Happy Friday!  It's been such an interesting week, and with hubby traveling Aidan and I have been having lots of fun.  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog we're sharing some of our favorite accessories and while you would think I would have picked glitter (trust me I love it) my favorite accessory is embossing folders.  Used with the Big Shot embossing folders are a quick and easy way to really elevate a project and it is a rare time I don't use embossing on some piece of a project. 

I started with Soft Suede cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  On this piece I started by stamping with the Watercolor Wash Background stamp using Crumb Cake ink and then embossing with the Big Shot and Brick Wall Embossing Folder and then sponging around the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink.

For the greeting I used the Lovely, Amazing You stamp set (I love the font of this set and even though its not in the catalog you can still order it online by searching by the name).  I stamped the greeting in Soft Suede ink on Rich Razzleberry cardstock and then cut it out using the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits, along with the mat using Soft Suede cardstock and attached the greeting with dimensionals.  To dress of the greeting I added a small string of pearls along the bottom of the greeting to help highlight it.

I used the feather image from the same stamp set and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with Paper Snips before attaching it to the cardfront.  Of course I still needed a little bling so I added a string of Gold Sequin Trim an then few random sequins around the cardfront.

I really like how it looks to have the watercolor image stamped on the embossed piece for an added effect.  The other design team members have made some great cards using their favorite accessories to make sure to go check them out and see what inspires you!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog