Friday, July 22, 2016

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge: July Paper Pumpkin Birthday Greetings

Happy Friday! Tonight Aidan has a basketball game and we’re looking towards a scorching weekend so I’m hoping that I can take refuge part of the time in the stamp studio, and we’re going to the movies.   Today I decided to play along with the Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge to make a birthday card for a friend.  We’ve been seeing these colors quite a bit lately with the 4th of July so I was trying to stretch to do something not patriotic, but I did end up with a couple of stars but I think that’ll be OK.  I also received this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit last week and while I haven’t been able to play with the kit the stamp set was sitting out and I love the greetings in the set so I decided to use the stamps from this months kit on today’s card (I love that the stamps in the Paper Pumpkin kits are exclusive to PP subscribers, it’s a special treat we get to continue enjoying for being part of the program). 

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Whisper White Cardstock that was attached with dimensionals.  On this piece I started by stamping the strip of dots along the bottom using Dapper Denim ink.  Next I added one of the gold swirl stickers from a past Paper Pumpkin kit (I have some left over pieces sitting on my desk to try to use up so they don’t go to waste).  Next I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler DSP from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack and cut it out with the 2” Circle Punch.  I used the Big Shot and Stars Collection framelits to cut out a star outline using Dapper Denim cardstock.  Next I embossed the star using the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder and then sponged all over the star using Dapper Denim ink to highlight the star.  I wanted a little more in the image so I punched out a small star using a retired punch and attached the small star with a dimensional.

The greeting is from this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit and after coloring the stamp using Stampin’ Write Markers and stamping on Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  To go along with the greeting I felt the card needed a little sparkle so I used some Gold Glimmer Paper and punched another small star and attached it with a dimensional and then I sponged along around the sides of the cardfront with Cherry Cobbler ink for the perfect finishing touch.

The font and greetings in this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit are perfect and fit my personality to a “T” and I can’t wait to continue to use it.  And I know my friend that I made this card for will love it!!  Remember you can sign up for the Paper Pumpkin program anytime and as long as you sign up by the 10th of the month you’ll be included in that month’s shipment, have fun with your monthly surprise!!

Below are easy ordering links to the products used on today's card:



Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the different layers and textures which makes for a visual feast. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Diana! Love how you used the PP leftovers and stamps. Thanks for playing with us at HSS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card! I LOVE the little star popped up in the middle of the big star and the texture on it is also neat! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog