Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Better Together Detailed Floral Birthday Wishes

Good morning!  I hope you had an enjoyable weekend, it was crazy hot here (which is normal for this time of year) so we worked to stay as cool as possible.  Today I wanted to share a card I made for a dear friend using used some new catalog goodies, and showed off one of the new 2016-2018 In Colors, Sweet Sugar Plum.

I started with Sweet Sugarplum cardstock for the cardbase and stamped using the Hardwood stamp set.  Next I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and cut it with the beautiful floral design using the Big Shot and Detailed Floral Thinlits Die (you need to cut it twice, once for the design and once for the edge, both pieces are in the set) and then I stamped all over the cardstock using the floral image from the Timeless Textures stamp set using Crumb Cake ink (I stamped off once to lighten the design) and then sponged around the edges using Crumb Cake ink.  Before attaching the cut out piece the cardfront I wrapped a piece of Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon around it and tied a know (this ribbon is so soft and pretty, I love it!!)

For the greeting, I used the new Better Together stamp set (this set as a greeting for almost every occasion so it's really worth the money to invest in a set that you can use a lot) using Sweet Sugarplum ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut it out using the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits (I used the same framelits to cut the scalloped circle mat out of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock).  Before attaching the layers I sponged around the edge using Crumb Cake ink and then attached the greeting to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add a strip of pearls along the bottom of the greeting to fancy it up!

I had fun using all these new catalog items to make this monochromatic card (I even stamped on the envelope to dress it up) that turned out beautifully and I know my friend loved it.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Donna love this card, will need to case it I don't have the stamp set Better Together yet but like idea of being able to use the set for different occasions. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! This will definitely work with other greetings.

      Delete

Search This Blog