Friday, July 8, 2016

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #241: Sweet Cupcake

Happy Friday!  It's been a nice quiet week around here with Aidan away at Boy Scout camp and while I've enjoyed the piece we're definitely looking forward to him coming home tomorrow.  I've take full advantage of the quiet this week and got to enjoy some extra time in the studio and played with some of my new catalog goodies and I hadn't inked up the Sweet Cupcake stamp set yet so it had to come out and get inky and used it with this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge.  Isn't a cupcake just a perfect way to celebrate a birthday?

I started with Wisteria Wonder cardstock for the cardbase and I added a strip of Crumb Cake designer series paper from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack and then I added the little curly Q's using Elegant Eggplant cardstock and the Big Shot and Cupcake Cutouts Framelits.  I stamped the greeting using Elegant Eggplant ink and two sets of the sprinkles using Wisteria Wonder ink.


For the main image I started using Whisper White cardstock and stamped the cupcake base using the three stamp sets using Crumb Cake ink stamped off once (stamp 3), Crumb Cake full strength (stamp 2), and Soft Suede ink (stamp 1).  The cupcake top used:  Wisteria Wonder ink stamped off once (stamp 3), Wisteria Wonder full strength (stamp 2), and Elegant Eggplant ink (stamp 1).  Once everything was stamped I cut them out with the coordinating framelits.  For the mat I used Crumb Cake cardstock, the Big Shot, and Layering Circles FramelitsDimensionals were used to attach the scalloped circle mat a well as the cupcake top.

Cupcakes are awesome in general and one of my favorites so I love this stamp set and matching framelits, really helps make yummy, realistic looking cupcakes so I'm going to have lots of fun with this set!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy cupcake! I love how our sketch inspired your joyful birthday card. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Diana! The more I see this set, the more I think I need it! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is the sweetest, Diana! I like how you used the loopy diecut to mimic the top banner on the sketch! Nice! Thanks for playing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Love the colors you used. It would be a great card to receive on your birthday. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog