Monday, October 26, 2015

SSINKspiration Mystery Challenge #SSINKMC26: For All Things

Happy Monday! We had a wonderful weekend, Aidan had his 2nd Degree Black Belt Test on Saturday and despite being one of the hardest things he's ever did he worked hard and successfully completed the test, I'm such a proud mama.  Yesterday I spent most of the day stamping with some great ladies and was a great way to spend a Sunday.  Today it's back to school and work and getting ready for Halloween.  Today on the SSINKinkspration blog we have a fun mystery challenge.  This is a fun new monthly feature we have where you pick the amount of items from a given list in the creation of your card, lots of fun.
 
I started with Island Indigo cardstock for the cardbase and then took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and Woodland Embossing Folder (after embossing I took my Early Espresso Marker to color in the lines on the trees and then sponged all over them with Soft Suede ink, really makes the embossing pop).  Next I took a piece of the new Kraft Corrugated cardstock and made a flag and matted it with Early Espresso Cardstock and then added a piece of Blackberry Bliss 5/8" Stitched Cotton Ribbon on top. 
 
The greeting is from the For All Things stamp set and as colored using Stampin' Write Markers.  I also used the watermark image to and stamped it in Crumb Cake ink (stamped off once first) for a fun background before punching it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and matted it with a piece of Island Indigo cardstock that was punched out with the Decorative Label Punch.  I used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront.  For some fun texture I took a piece of the edge of the 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon (you never know when you're going to use those little scraps) and tied it in a small knot.  I also used one of the wood acorns from the Into the Woods Wooden Embellishments and colored it using Blackberry Bliss and Soft Suede ink.

I'm so in love with all the different textures on this card, you don't need lots of something, a small element can really help pack a punch, it's so fun!
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
We would love for you to come and play along with the challenge.
 
Happy stamping,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog