Friday, October 2, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketc Challenge: Versatile Christmas

Good morning!  It’s Friday again and it’s looking to be an exciting and interesting weekend.  Here in VA we’re looking forward to several days of rain and wind, highlighted by Hurricane Joaquin and guessing where it’s going to travel.  To add to this, I’m running the Ragnar DC relay race this weekend (and it’s not cancelled) so along with 11 other team members I’ll be running from Cumberland, MD to Nationals Park in D.C., this weather should definitely make for an interesting adventure so I would ask you to keep us in your thoughts!  Before I head out for the race I wanted to share my card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  

For this card I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Brickwall Embossing Folder (I sponged all over the cardstock with Mossy Meadow ink to add depth the embossing).  Next I took a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock and cute a circle using the 2 ½” Circle punch and stamped the greeting from the Versatile Christmas stamp set using Real Red Ink.  Next I took some Merry Moments Designer Series Paper and cut three squares to run along the right side.

Isn’t that little Santa too cute?  He was also super easy. It’s one of the prints in the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper package and I just cut him out with my Paper Snips (no coloring needed, love that!!)  For the final touch I added a couple pieces of the Real Red 1/8” Stitched Ribbon and then tied a knot using the Silver 1/8” Silver Ribbon.

This is a fun card with a lot of little elements, which by themselves are simple and easy but all added together really help make the card fun and festive.  I can’t wait to give this away and spread some holiday cheer!  You can check out the other design team cards for further ideas and their favorite items and then play along (perfect crafting time is when it’s stormy and rainy so you can stay nice and warm in the studio).

 


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Be safe this weekend and have fun!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog