Friday, June 20, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Giggle Greetings

 Good morning and Happy Friday!  School is officially out and we’re looking forward to a relatively quiet weekend is rare so I’m looking forward to some extended stamping time, in addition to relaxing with friends.  To help get the creative juices flowing I wanted to start the day by sharing my design team card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  I really like this sketch and decided to use it for an upcoming birthday card with a bit of fun and whimsy.  The cardbase is Tempting Turquoise Cardstock and I used a piece of Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper and matted it with Smoky Slate Cardstock.  The main focal image is from the Giggle Greetings stamp set (I love the fun images and sayings, they make me laugh!)  I colored in the images with Stampin’ Write Markers and matted the piece with Rich Razzleberry Cardstock.  I used some Old Olive 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon for the strip around the card and for the bow.

 



The greeting in the top right corner is from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set (the saying is for a belated birthday card but I really liked the font and size so I used my Stampin’ Write Marker to just ink part of the stamp to get the words I wanted.   I punched this piece out with the Modern Label Punch, trimmed off part of the right side and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  For a final touch of bling I decided to take one of our half pearls and colored it with the new Rich Razzleberry Blendability Markers (these markers are not quite ready for sales release but you will love them, they’re alcohol based and blend wonderfully (plus you can color directly on our pearls and rhinestones for custom colored elements, which I love!)  Stay tuned for more information and the release date on these new tools.

I really love all of SU’s colors but I think at hear I’m really a Brights girl so this DSP and colors are so fun and I’ll definitely be using it for lots of more projects in the future.  I hope you enjoyed my take on this sketch.  We would love for you to join us and play along with the sketch, it’ll help jump start your creative juices (and you can use this for scrapbook pages, décor items, etc. in addition to cards.

Below are easy ordering links for all the products used on today's card:
Enjoy and have a fabulous weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog