Friday, June 6, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Something to Say

Happy Friday!  It's been a crazy week and we're looking forward to an awesome weekend.  Aidan has his last baseball game and end of year team party and then we're hosting our annual neighborhood BBQ (all on Saturday), and then on Sunday I'm getting up early to go run a half marathon race through Prince William Forest Park in support of the Wounded Warrior Fund, and then I promised Aidan some pool time later (I think I'm going to need to relax after the race).  So before we get started with the craziness it's Friday which means it's time for another Sketch Frenzy Friday card sketch challenge.   Since the new 2014-2015 Annual Catalog was released earlier this week and I decided to break out some of the fabulous new products to play with.
 
For this card I used Sahara Sand for the cardbase (I really like to use light color cardbases for easy of greeting writing when you go to send your card, yes we should all be sending the cards we make, it really helps brighten someones day).  For the next layer I took a piece of Hello Honey cardstock (one of the new In Colors) and embossed it with the Big Shot and the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (love that this item came back from the Sale-a-bration promotion so we had the opportunity to earn it for FREE before it was offered for sale).
 

The strip of DSP is from the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack (you are going to love this paper package so many great color combinations and prints, and only $6.95). For the flag pieces I used a piece of Hello Honey cardstock that I embossed with the Chevron Embossing Folder as well as a piece of Blackberry Bliss 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon (this is another new In Color that I'm over the moon for).
 
The greeting is from the new Something to Say stamp set and I used Stampin' Write Markers to color in the stamp on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  For the mat I used the Sahara Sand cardstock and the Big Shot and Windows Collection Framelits.  The final touch was to stamp the small star image from the same stamp set in Blackberry Bliss ink and punched it out with the new coordinating star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (so excited to have star accessories, and lots of them, back in this years catalog!!!).

This is such a great sketch layout I had fun playing with it and this saying is great to help pick some up when times are rough (and we all have those days). We would love for you to come and play along with the sketch challenge and have fun.

Below are easy ordering links for all the products I used on this project and let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Have a great weekend!
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog