Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge: Christmas Collectibles

Happy Tuesday friends!  I feel like we're finally starting to dry out and I had such a fun day yesterday, I was able to take a break from work and meet Aidan at school and have lunch with him and his class.  I love that he gets so excited for me to come in and wishes I could every day, I know this isn't going to last forever so I  want to take advantage of it while I can (they grow up way too fast!)  Today I'm back and excited to share a quick and pretty card I made for this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge.  I loved the clean and simple lines in this sketch and immediately knew what I wanted to do when I saw it.  The cardbase is Pool Party and I added a layer of Basic Black and Whisper White.  I stamped the greeting in the bottom right corner with Island Indigo ink and the More Merry Messages stamp set (I was so happy this stamp set carried over). 
 
For the focal image I started by stamping an ornament from the Christmas Collectibles stamp set in Island Indigo and punched it out with the coordinating Christmas Ornament Punch.  I used a piece of Silver Ribbon as the ornament hanger.  Next I cut out two ovals, one in Pool Party and another in Island Indigo with the Big Shot and the Oval Collection Framelits.  I did embossed the one oval with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  I used dimensionals to attach the ornament and the top oval for lots of dimension.  Next I used the Paper Piercer and Occasions Paper Piercing Pack to pierce ovals in the different layers.  The final touch was to add a Basic Black button as an accent and used some Island Indigo Baker's Twine to tie a bow in the button.
 
This card is nice and simple but has lots of little elements that draw your attention which I love!  This is also a great card when you have to make multiples since it comes together so quickly.  Have you decided on the design for your Christmas cards?  If not hopefully this provides some inspriation, I would love to help you with your card needs so just ask me how.
 
Enjoy!
 
Diana

Pin It!

2 comments:

Search This Blog