Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bonus Halloween Gift Wrap Idea

I'm back again for a bonus share since I have a couple of Halloween projects I want to share and am running out of time.  This weekend we were invited to a Halloween Costume contest with neighbors so I wanted to bring a gift for the host.  I decided you couldn't go wrong with a bottle of wine, but I had to dress it up, so I made this cute tag.  I started with a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock and used my Simply Scored Board to score the line to get around the bottle curves and used the 1" circle punch to punch a whole for the wine bottle neck to fit in.  Next I added a piece of Witches Brew Designer Series Paper and piece of Silver/Black striped Satin Ribbon from the Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit that was tied into a bow.
 
I decided to use the Toil and Trouble stamp set for my stamped images and started by stamping the large text image with Whisper White Craft Ink and Basic Gray cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I used dimensionals to attach this element to the tag so it stands up.  Next I took a piece of Silver Glimmer paper and punched an oval with the Large Oval Punch.  This piece adds some sparkle and is the perfect layer for the bird image that's also from the Toil and Trouble stamp set that was stamped with Basic Black ink and Summer Starfruit cardstock and cut out with Paper Snips.  I also used a dimensional to attach the bird to give him some pop.
 
This tag turned out so lovely and the great thing was I was actually able to make it really quickly with tools I already had (love how the tools we offer can be used for so many projects and ideas).  With us starting to get into the holiday season this is a perfect project for all those hostess/neighbor/coworker gifts you have on your gift list, just change up the paper, stamps, and accessories for something unique for each recipient.
 
Enjoy!
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog