Friday, October 25, 2013

Hey There Magnificent Maple

Good morning and we made it to the end of another week, and this one's a cold one.  I'm really excited about this weekend, it's the last weekend of fall baseball season and while I love watching Aidan and the boys play, this mamma is ready for the season to be over and have a little break, so we have a game tonight and then one more Saturday morning and then we can hang up the cleats for now.  All this time spent outside really has me in a fall frame of mind so all projects seem to be leaves and fall colors.  I originally made this card for a challenge and then realized I didn't really follow the challenge but I thought I would share it with you anyway.
 
The cardbase is Sahara Sand and I ran it through the Big Shot with the Pretty Print Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of the wood texture paper from the Thankful Tablescape Simply Create Kit (this is one of my favorite items in the kit because of the texture) and matted on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock that I sponged around the edge with Sahara Sand Ink.  Next I wrapped a piece of Chocolate Chip Chevron Ribbon around the panel before attaching it to the card. 
 
The leaves are stamped with the Magnificent Maple stamp in Chocolate Chip and Cajun Craze ink, cut out with my Paper Snips and then sponged with more Chocolate Chip ink to add some depth.
 
The greeting is from the Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit and was colored with Stampin' Write Markers before punching it out with the Large Oval Punch and Matting on a piece of Cajun Craze that was punched with the Decorative Label Punch.
 
This card is so fun and warm, it's perfect to let someone know you're thinking of them.  I hope you enjoy and have a great weekend, which hopefully has lots of family, and a little crafting time (and try to stay warm).
 
Diana


















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog