Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Post: My Paper Pumpkin

Welcome back friends! We survived the first day of school and Aidan had a great day.  He loves his teacher and all his classmates so we're so excited for a wonderful year.  I love the excitement kids bring to each new school year and always try to embrace that belief in a fresh start in my life as well.
 
Today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog the design team is showcasing lots of great things you can make using the stamps from the My Paper Pumpkin kits.  I love these kits!  They are so fun, I actually get excited to get them in the mail each month and I actually opened one of the kits out in the street by the mailbox, just so I could see what that month's project was going to be.  The great thing is that all the work is done for me, no designing, cutting, or prepping, and you get unique stamps that are only available in the kits to use on lots of other projects. 
 
For my card today I used stamps from the August kit (Petal Pusher) as well as the Welcome Kit.  The bicycle image is from the August kit and was stamped in Basic Grey ink and cut out with the Deco Labels Framelits and the Big Shot before sponging around the edge with Calypso Coral ink. 
 
The cardbase is Pool Party and I added a layer of Whisper White that I stamped with the splatter image from the Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit with with Pool Party ink.  I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to use the small splatter image with Basic Gray and the lines in So Saffron (they remind me of road tread, which is fun!)  The greeting is also from the Welcome Kit and was stamped in Real Red ink, this greeting is so versatile.  The final touch was to add strips of So Saffron and Calypso Coral cardstock that was cut out with the Big Shot and the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die.

A card like this is perfect to send to a friend, when there is no special occasion, just to say "hey, I'm thinking of you" and isn't it so special to let our friends and family know what they mean to you.  I love the Paper Pumpkin program and all the fun it brings, and I really encourage you to give it a try, you can cancel at anytime but what a great creative outlet and one you can do with friends, kids, etc. that will really bring you joy.  Make sure to head on over to the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog for lots of other great ideas using images from these kits.

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog