Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stampin' Stylin' INKspiration Blog: Special Season Christmas Card


Happy Tuesday!  I don't know about you but I have so many things on my To Do list and projects I want to make that I need to work ahead of the holidays, for example, I'm wrapping up all my Halloween gift projects and our family Christmas Cards are all made (minus the family picture).  This allows me time to work on other projects and create fun and fabulous classes to help inspire you.  As a result I tend to work way ahead of the current season so today's topic on the Stampin' Stylin' INKspiration Blog, Christmas Cards, is perfect timing.

As soon as I saw the Special Season stamp set in the Holiday catalog I knew it would make absolutely beautiful card without a lot of effort.  I used the Winter Frost Speciality Designer Series Paper for the colors of this card and started with a Coastal Cabana cardbase.  Next I added a layer of the DSP.  The main focal image is from the Special Season stamp set and was stamped in Smoky Slate ink and is matted with a piece of Island Indigo Cardstock, and then a layer of Brushed Silver Cardstock.  I used dimensionals to attached the entire stamped image stack for some added pop.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and is stamped in Island Indigo ink and then I cut around the edge for a nice delicate effect.  The final touch was to add a small bow tied with the Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.
 
This card is so soft and beautiful, I love it and it's easily something that you could make a lot of which is perfect for Christmas cards.  I hope you enjoy and please, go over to the Stampin' Stylin' INKspiration blog and check out some other great, beautiful Christmas cards for inspiration.
 
Enjoy,
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog