Friday, September 27, 2013

Spread the Joy and Lots of Fall Fun!

Happy Friday friends!  I hope you've had an enjoyable week.  As you're reading this our cruise ship has docked in Nassau and we're enjoying a day in the sun in the Bahamas, so relaxing.  As you may know, Stampin' Up! announced a new contest where you can design images and submit them and if selected your images will be made into an actual stamp set and offered for sale (how cool is that?)  The first contest was for entries by Stampin' Up! employees and Emily Montoya's submission was selected as a winner and became the Spread the Joy stamp set that was released for sale in July.  Unfortunately since this stamp set isn't in one of the catalog's it's easy to overlook it but it has some absolutely wonderful images that are very fresh.  So I decided so  show you one of the great images from this set.
 
This card came together came together easily and starts with a Sahara Sand cardbase.  I added a layer of Chocolate Chip cardstock and I embossed the top of it with the Big Shot and the Pretty Print Embossing Folder.  I added a layer of Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper.  I've been working on another project using the Tasteful Tablescape kit so I had all the elements out on my desk and thought that this strip of birch paper ribbon and ruffled it up nice.  Next I added some Linen Thread and tied on a Pumpkin Pie button.  The greeting is from the Spread the Joy stamp set and was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and matted on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
 
This card is full of texture and dimension, which is so fun.  I love each element and they work so well together. 
 
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and are able to spend some time relaxing and creating.
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog