Friday, September 20, 2013

Paper Player's Sketch Challenge: Perfectly Grungey Halloween Wishes

Good morning!  Today I'm looking forward to the start of another action packed weekend after finishing up the work week in a few hours.  Today's card is for this weeks Paper Player's Sketch challenge and is all about kid's, which I love!  Since I've been hard at work on Halloween projects for the past couple of weeks I immediately thought of the cute little pumpkin from the Perfectly You hostess stamp set and knew it would be perfect for my little pumpkin, or yours!  The cardbase is Basic Gray and I added a layer of Very Vanilla Cardstock.  At the bottom I added a strip of Witches Brew designer series paper along with the coordinating Witches Brew Washi Tape (this stuff is so easy to use and addictive).  The greeting is from the Perfectly You hostess set and was stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink and punched out with the Hexagon Punch.  I decided to mat the hexagon with a piece of Witches Brew DSP that was punched out with the Label Bracket Punch.  I used dimensionals on both the hexagon and bracket piece so it really pops.

For the top corner I decided to use my go to stamp set, Gorgeous Grunge and stamped the images in Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit, and Smoky Slate.  I had to use another piece of Washi tape to help balance the project and finished it off with a few randomly placed rhinestones, love the sparkle (Aidan loves to use rhinestones and glitter on his projects so I had to include them).
This card is really clean and simple and so fun, all the little ghosts and pumpkins will love it!  I've noticed that I haven't used my Big Shot in the past several projects I've worked on which is so rare, but it's fun to change things up and show you can make cute and fun projects with just a few simple items.
 
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.
 
Diana


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, fun Halloween card for a child of any age! I love the washi tape and grunge, and that little sentiment in a hexagon is just adorable. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players, Diana!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog