Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recycled Valentine Treat Tin

Good evening!  This is one of my busiest weeks of the year, not only do we have Valentine’s Day, which I love but the day after is my son, Aidan’s birthday so I’m busy trying to wrap up projects, gifts, etc. and I’m a little behind.  Tonight I thought I would share a tin I recycled to create this fun Valentine gift.  One of my co-workers is a huge tea drinker and the only tea he drinks comes in the great metal tins and recently I found a stash of several dozen empty tins in his office (apparently he has an equally large stash at home so if you’re local and would like some of these tins let me know and I can probably hook you up).  Anyway, I decided to decorate this tin for Valentine’s day.  I wrapped the tin with Pool Party Cardstock and More Amore Specialty Designer Series paper.  Next I took a piece of cotton ribbon (loved that this ribbon carried over so it’s still available) and I cut off both edges and tore it off so I had some distressed edges and layered this ribbon with the Real Red 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon and tied a knot.  The tag is one of the tags I made in MDS2 with the More Amore digital kit and I just added a red glimmer heart punched out with the small heart punch. 

For the top of the tin I wrapped around the edge with Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon and added a piece of Basic Gray cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Chevron embossing folder.  The rest of the decoration is one of the Real Red laser cut hearts from the More Amore Specialty DSP, layered with a large heart punched with the DSP and a Raspberry Ripple cardstock and the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit.  The final embellishment was made by punching two scallop circles with the new 7/8” scallop circle punch, crumpled them and sponged with Crumb Cake ink and I added a Primrose Petal Dalia for the center.
This tin is so cute and is full of special treats, which I can’t share so I don’t spoil the surprise for my special friend.  There’s still time to make a special gift or card for your loved ones to let them know how much you love them, I can help with any details you need, just let me know.
Enjoy,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog