Friday, July 27, 2012

Convention Swaps, Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving

Good morning friends and happy Friday!  We've had a busy week of getting settled back into the regular routine and adjusting back to our normal time zone, thankfully I think we're finally there.  So I have lots to share including and I've been busy editing pictures so I thought I would continue sharing some of the swap projects I took to convention, can you believe there are still more?  I was definitely a busy little bee leading up to the big event.  Today I'm sharing my second gift bag and tag, this time Christmas themed.  I decided to go with something more vintage and classic so I used the Bells and Boughs stamp set.  I stamped the Crumb Cake background with the large image with Crumb Cake ink.  Then I used a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  This was layered with a piece of Always Artichoke that I punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch.  After I glued that to the back I spritzed the whole thing with Champagne shimmer mist so it sparkles.  I greeting uses the same stamp set and was punched out with the Large Oval punch and sponged around the edges before adding it to an oval embossed with the Designer Frames folder and I tore around the edges and sponged with Early Espresso ink.

For the tag I used the Two Tags die to cut the basic shape and then stamped it with the same Bells and Boughs stamp set and used the Tags til Christmas stamp set for the To and From.  I used a mixture of Stampin' Write markers and ink pads and blender pens to color in the bell and sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink.  The final touch was to tie the tag to the bag with Early Espresso Baker's Twine and a Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon bow. 
These bags turned out so pretty and since I use tons of gift bags for all sorts of occasions I'm thinking about starting to decorate my own (if I can plan ahead of time).  Would you like to do this, let me know as I'm working on planning a gift bag and tag class so we'll be all set for any further gift needs.

Enjoy your weekend!

Diana



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog