Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Convention Swaps: Day 2

Good morning!  Later today I'm flying to SLC and I'm so excited that my toes are actually tingling!!  I signed up for several organized swaps this year (which means you sign up in advance and the creations are within specific parameters).  Today is the first of two gift bag and matching tag sets I'm swaping.  This set is so fun and perfect for birthdays.  It uses the Kidoodles stamp set which I love and you'll see in several different items this week.  The piece of Island Indigo cardstock was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka dot embossing folder on the top and then I added a piece of patterned paper from the Summer Smootches DSP and Calypso Coral 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon.  Next I stamped the image on whisper white with Basic Black ink and colored it in with Stampin' Write markers before punching it out with the 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch.  This piece was matted on a piece of Pool Party cardstock that I punched with the 2 1/2" circle punch.

For the tag I used the same stamped image and DSP so it would coordinate and made a 3x3 card.  I also added Wisteria Wonder cardstock to the card to highlight all the colors in the octopus image.  I punched a small circle in the back so I could use a piece of white baker's twine to tie the tag to the handle of the gift bag.

This bag was so fun to make and I'll definately be making more since I love to use gift bags for all our gift giving occasions.  This is also a great way to use up all the designer paper, ribbons, etc. that I've been stocking up on.

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog