Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Paper Craft Crew Inspiration Challenge #PCC351: Special Celebrations

Good morning!

It's crazy how once school begins we all get set in a new routine, no matter how crazy it is, and you just adapt and it becomes habit, I know we have.  I have to say I'm still working how to fit everything it but I have to take time to relax and have a little crafting time, for my own sanity.  Today I'm playing along with this weeks Paper Craft Crew Inspiration challenge and when I saw it I immediately thought of fall and I love the fence gate with all the spokes and decided to try to recreate it.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Early Espresso cardstock as a mat for the cardfront which is from the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper (isn't it fun?)  I also added another strip of the DSP as a belly band around the card.

To create the gate look I cut 2 of the Adirondack chair pieces from the Seasonal Layers Dies using Mint Macaron cardstock.  I cut one of the pieces in half and discarded the center spoke and then attached the two side pieces to the whole chair I cut out so it fanned out (there is some overlap in the pieces but that's covered up by the DSP).

Next I punched out a circle from the Crumb Cake cardstock with the 1 1/2" Circle Punch and after stamping the greeting from the Special Celebrations stamp set using Pretty Peacock ink I embossed the circle using the Subtle Textured Embossing Folder.  The leaves are actually from the same Seasonal Layers Dies cut out of Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut down so I had three small leaves instead of one large one (much easier to fit on this card design).  The final touches are a bow tied with 1/4" Copper Trim and a Star Designer Element attached to the greeting.

I love the soft fall feeling of this card, without all the usual fall colors, perfect for a birthday this time of year (and I have a lot of friends with September birthday's).  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog