Tuesday, February 9, 2016

SSINKspiration Valentine's: Going Global Baker's Box

Good morning!  Can you believe Valentine’s Day is less than a week away?  I know that there are people (myself included) who are still working on wrapping up those cards and gifts and maybe there are some who haven’t started yet (gasp!!)  We’ll we’re here to help, today on the SSINKspirationblog it’s another addition of Valentine’s Projects so if you’re still looking for ideas look no further.  I decided to change things up and instead of a card I’m sharing a cute baker’s box I made.  I love the new Baker’s Box Thinlit (and I was super surprised to see that this is one of this weeks Weekly Deals so you really have no reason not to get it!!) and not only does it make these boxes super easy but they hold quite a bit as well. 

I started with the Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper (FREE during Sale-a-bration but only through February 15!!) and cut two pieces out using the Big Shot and the Baker’s Box Thinlit Die.  Next I took the Sweetheart Punch and punched a heart out to create a window and covered it with a piece of Window Film before attaching the sides to make the box (Fast Fuse made this super easy).  I did use a Handheld punch to punch out the holes at the top of the box but there are little pieces in the thinlit set so you could cut them out with those as well, and used some Basic Black 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon to tie the box closed (after filling it of course!)

For the tag I started by taking a piece of the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper (I love that this print doesn’t have any green so it totally works for Valentine’s, whoo hoo!!) and ran it through the Big Shot with the Tags and Labels Thinlits.  I used the Sweetheart Punch to punch a heart out of the Red Glimmer Paper for a little sparkle.  For the greeting I used the Going Global stamp set and stamped it in Basic Black and used a Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker to color in the tiny heart before punching it out with the Sweetheart Punch, which coordinates perfectly.  A dimensional was used on the top heart for some added dimension and it finish out the tag. 

This box is for my sweetheart but I liked how it turned out so well I decided to use these for Aidan’s teachers gifts (with a different saying) and we’re going bake Red Velvet Cookies and Chocolate Chip/M&M cookies as a fun and festive treat (and since I like to bake smaller cookies I’ve figured I can fit 4 inside each box) which will be perfect.  Also since I used a package of the SAB designer series paper it really helped cut the costs down.

Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog