Monday, February 8, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS30: Bravo

Good morning!  It was a good weekend and when we weren't busy with Aidan's birthday party I was able to break away for a little stamping and had a very fun stamp class this afternoon!  Since it's the second Monday of the month it's time for the monthly card sketch challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog.  I know I've said it before but I really enjoy these challenges as a great way to change things up and provide some inspiration for cards I'm making.  I had a coworker leave recently for a new opportunity and while it's sad for us I was so happy for this opportunity for him and his family and wanted to give him something special.

I started with Lost Lagoon cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece Crumb Cake cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Brickwall Embossing Folder and then sponged the cardstock with Crumb Cake ink to highlight the embossing.

Next I took a piece of designer series paper from the Going Places DSP stack and matted it with Lost Lagoon cardstock.  As you know, I like my bling so I added a gold star to the center by using some Gold Glimmer Paper, Big Shot, and Star Collection Framelits.

The greeting is from the Bravo stamp set and was stamped with Basic Black ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used Paper Snips to trim the ends and my bone folder to curl the paper and then glue dots were used to attach the greeting so it holds it's curl and looks like a flag waving.

I had a lot of fun using different textures and elements to really amp up the WOW factor with this card while it was still pretty easy to make and I know my friend really appreciated it.  The other design team members are sharing some fun cards as inspiration for this card sketch so go check them out and then we would love for you to play along and share your project!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog